Work with Mercator Ocean International near Toulouse, France to strengthen the European Commission visibility and influence in the GEO Blue Planet initiative. Read the full job advertisement here.
Head of the GEO Blue Planet European Office (F/H)
- Contribute to GEO Blue Planet strategic planning and coordination actions based on
existing European investments to ensure their promotion to main international
- Co-design, co-develop and contribute to the GEO Blue scientific and technical
working groups including developing specific actions in relation to the main priorities of
the Commission and EU Member States.
- Engage with actors along the value chain to promote the use of ocean observations,
the development of sustainable applications and best practices related to seas and
the ocean with training, technology transfer and scientific exchanges within the EU
regional area of intervention (e.g. Arctic/Europe/Africa).Integrate these activities with Mercator Ocean International ocean monitoring and
user engagement activities and ensure they benefit to and from them.
The qualities we are looking for :
- PhD in marine science (preferred) or equivalent engineering degree
- More than 5 year experience in operational oceanography and/or in the development
of ocean services and applications.
- Good knowledge of the areas of benefits and user communities that require ocean
- Experience in international and European initiatives and programmes related to ocean
observations and its value chain.
- Good knowledge of the GEO Blue Planet initiative.
- Good knowledge of the European landscape in ocean observing and information
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues across the
organisation and externally.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English essential.
Send your cover letter and a detailed CV with the following reference 2020-06/DS/GEOBP to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 13, 2020 at the latest