The GEO Blue Planet working group data discover, access and utilization is working to share best practices and support activities to increase data discoverability and integration of data sets including:
- Traditional geospatial data (e.g., management boundaries)
- Time series monitoring data (e.g., coastal and ocean moorings)
- Gridded datasets (e.g., satellite remote sensing products)
- Complex multi-dimensional data cubes (e.g., ocean models)
The working group is particularly focused on supporting the advent of systematic and regular provision of analysis ready quality assured data. A core group of working group members is currently being established and is working to identify and guide priority activities.
|Gianluca Luraschi||European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA), Portugal|
|Samy Djavidnia||European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA), Portugal|
|Isa Elegbede||Brandenburg University of Technology (BTU), Germany|
|Joaquin Trinanes||National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), USA|
|Jonathan Hodge||Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia|
Future activities under consideration by the working group include:
- A project to address the gap of data availability and sharing for the fisheries community across local, regional and global level and scale of type of fisheries (capture fishery- artisanal, commercial; aquaculture- inland, coastal and offshore fish farming; species type brackish; socio economic aspect).
- A project to address challenges in discovering, accessing and interpreting coral reef data.